Monday, April 26, 2010

More Cakes

I'm a little behind on posting these, but I'm going to cheat and post date them. Sunday morning I made Banana Bread with Coconut and Toasted Pecans from the Magnolia Bakery cookbook which I just got. It turned out very well.



Then in the afternoon I made the icing for Chocolate Layer Cake with Caramel Ganache from Rose's Heavenly Cakes, but I accidentally got out the amount of butter for the cake rather than the icing. I ended up fixing the icing later by adding some powdered sugar so it was kinda a cross between the ganache and buttercream icing. I made the cake after dinner and then tried to ice it before going to bed, but the cake kept sliding so I put it in the fridge to let it set over night. I put the remaining icing in as well, and by morning it was a little too hard, but just took a little stirring to get it to work. I did a quick design on the top and shell borders. I took the cake to work for the monthly birthday celebration, and everyone must have liked it because it was almost gone. For me, the icing needed to be more of a milk chocolate, but most everyone else I talked to loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment