Sunday, April 25, 2010

Gumpaste Flowers Bouquet


These were fun to do in class, but I don't really see myself doing them on my own at home. They just take so much time, and I'm not a big fan of the floral wires and tape. I had so many problems with the tape during the last class that I nearly gave up on trying to make an actual bouquet. I think I could see maybe doing individual flowers and putting them on skewers or spaghetti so they can be stuck directly in the cake. I do love how real they look though. Brushing the color on them was cool, and I was surprised at how little artistic ability it actually took. Now I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with them. They're sitting in a small box for now. One of the petals on my large rose already has a small piece missing so I know they won't last forever around here.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, they are both gorgeous and realistic! Still, I can imagine myself having the same reaction as you about making them and using them. A great skill, though and you never know. I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy! I brought them to work with me today to show off, and now that I've thought about it a little more I could see maybe making one type of flower for a special occasion cake sometime.

    ReplyDelete