Sunday, January 30, 2011

Double Chocolate Loaf with Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Spread


Today's recipe for the BAKED Sunday Mornings group was an incredibly easy double chocolate loaf. The only thing that would make this easier would be weights in the recipe for dry ingredients.

All you have to do is mix the dry ingredients in the mixing bowl and the wet ingredients separately. Then mix in the wet ingredients and stir in the chocolate. I used Callebaut semi-sweet callets because that's what I had, and I've been trying to use up ingredients that I already have rather than buying new ingredients for everything I make. I guess that made it a touch sweeter, but it still wasn't overly sweet.

While the loaf cooled I made the peanut butter cream cheese spread and then stuck it in the fridge. Daniel and I had a slice after lunch, and to me it was good but a bit heavy. Daniel really liked it. The outside dried a bit so it was crusty on the outside and moist on the inside which is a quality that he loves in dessert.


5 comments:

  1. Agree that it was a bit on the heavy side...yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that big dollop of cream cheese spread! looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I loved the heavy side...it all seemed to rich and moist and not cakey. I took a platter of this bread to the office and it was eaten in minutes...and they were looking for more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Nina and autumn, thanks!

    @Kris, I normally love heavy desserts, but lately I seem to prefer my desserts a little lighter.

    ReplyDelete